Archive Contents

Parish Council Minutes

Parish News - coming soon


Archive Home

Appleby Magna Home

Parish Council Minutes

December 2010

Thursday 9th December 2010, 7.30pm, Sir John Moore Community Building Appleby Magna

(Meeting dated 2nd December 2010 cancelled due to severe weather conditions, re-convened 09/12/10)

 Present: -       Cllrs P Hemmerdinger (Chairman), J Quimby, E Jeffrey, Clerk Mrs Lindsay Swinfield, Police (PC Stuart Davis),
2 Members of the public – Mr Pott and Mr Bligh

Open forum for members of the public and press

Mr David Bligh attended the meeting to present an update on the thermal imaging funding application, recently submitted and returned with several queries.  It would appear that an independent company has been carrying out ‘drive by’ thermal imaging in the area, and this could jeopardise the village application.  The Parish Council fully endorses the village funding application to carry out thermal imaging, and fully supports this local initiative.  The meeting was reminded that Appleby Magna village is a non cold calling zone.  Mr Bligh will draft a letter to the RCC and Councillor Mr Richard Blunt, passing this to the Clerk who will forward to the Parish Councillors for approval.

10158  Apologies – Cllrs Colver, M Hemmerdinger & Morris

10159  Declarations of Interest to Items on Agenda – Nil

10160  Declarations of Amendment to the Register of Interests – Nil

10161  Minutes
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held 4th November 2010 were endorsed and signed.

10162  Decisions Taken Under Delegated Powers - Nil

10163  Police / Neighbourhood Watch Matters
a.         Please ring 0116 2222222 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 to report suspicious behaviour or crimes.
PC Davis reported that Appleby Magna had been fairly ‘crime free’ over the past few months, with the exception of burglaries listed in the November minutes.  A gas leak had occurred at a local garage and an anti drink-driving campaign had caused a stir.  Two Community Officers will try to attend more Parish Council meetings, and will be available for general liaison.  PC Davis reported that a letter will be issued by his Inspector re the closure of 13 Police stations in the region, including Ashby de la Zouch; and local office facilities may be required.  A few suggestions were made including the Doctors surgery building on Top Street.

10164  Planning Consultations
a.         10/01001/LBC, 26 Top Street, installation of replacement front door (listed building) – no objection.
b.         10/01076/CLE, land to rear of 81/83 Top Street, certificate of lawfulness for existing use of the land for storage of building materials – no objection.

10165  Planning Decision Notices
a.         23 Didcott Way, removal of conservatory and erection of two storey rear extension – granted. 
b.         2 Mawbys Lane, erection of single storey rear extension and replacement of flat roof with pitched roof – granted.

10166  Chairman’s Report - Nil

10167  Allotment Matters
a.         Cllr Colver kindly repaired the allotment gate lock.
b.         Letters have been sent to all allotment holders re annual payment. 

10168  Footpaths, Hedgerows & Street Matters
a.         LCC Highways issued advance notice of a temporary traffic regulation order – Bowleys Lane may be closed for hedge cutting from 4th January 2011 for one day (not confirmed).
b.         A meeting had been held between Parish Council representatives and Highways to review several areas of concern within the village, it is hoped that the areas listed will be improved.

10169  Recreation Ground & Street Furniture Matters
a.         All agreed that the fee of £85.00 to renew the temporary planning application for the cricket pavilion be paid for by the Parish Council.  Clerk to complete and send the application in by 10th December 2010.
b.         Add cricket pavilion discussion to the February 2011 agenda.
c.         The bus shelter has been fully repaired, but the finish is not of a uniform colour – to be discussed at the February 2011 meeting.

10170  Correspondence - Nil          

10171  Approval of Financial Statements & Payments
a.         The cheque list and bank reconciliation was reviewed and approved.
b.         Cllr Quimby proposed, seconded by Cllr Jeffrey to donate £185.00 to Pride Alarms for the purchase of a call help system to any elderly person (over 60) in the Parish – RESOLVED, unanimous.

10172  Stone Pit Land Charity
a.         This is an ongoing item until resolved – the new Solicitor is handling the case.

10173  Ideas for written piece – Parish News Line
a.         Update re cost of vandalism
b.         Update re bus shelter repair
c.         If appropriate, allotment vacancy
d.         If appropriate, information on the 2011 election

10174  Urgent Items - nil

The meeting ended at  08.20 pm

Date of next meeting:  February 3rd 2011 – 7.30pm, The Stables Community room, Sir John Moore School

 Lindsay Swinfield (Clerk to the Parish Council)

Back to Top