Archive Contents

Parish Council Minutes

Parish News - coming soon


Archive Home

Appleby Magna Home

Parish Council Minutes

December 2011

Thursday 1st December 2011, 6.30pm, Sir John Moore Community Building Appleby Magna

Present: -       Cllrs P Hemmerdinger (Chairman), M Hemmerdinger, P Smith, G Potts, R Butler
Lindsay Swinfield Clerk

Open forum for members of the public and press

11154  Apologies – Cllr D Morris

11155  Declarations of Interest to Items on Agenda – Cllrs P&M Hemmerdinger, Butler (personal) – agenda item 7a.

11156  Declarations of Amendment to the Register of Interests – Nil.

11157  Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held 3rd November 2011 were endorsed and signed. 
11158  Decisions Taken Under Delegated Powers – Nil 

11159  Police / Neighbourhood Watch Matters
a.         Please ring 101 or 0116 2222222 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 to report suspicious behaviour or crimes.
PCSO Mark Ball attended the meeting – nothing to report (89 reported crimes in the area, but nil for Appleby Magna within the last 31 days).  PCSO Ball will be leaving the area – Cllrs thanked him for his contribution to the community.

11160  Planning Consultations
a.           11/00969/REM, land adjacent to 10 Rectory Lane, erection of detached dwelling – no comment (Cllrs P&M Hemmerdinger & R Butler declared a personal interest and abstained from commenting).

b.           11/00862/FUL, The Eaves, Mawbys Lane, erection of a single storey rear extension – no comment.

11161  Planning Decision Notices
a.         26 Snarestone Road (Primrose Cottage), two storey side and rear extension and single storey rear extension – granted.

11162  Chairman’s Report – nil to report.

11163  Allotment Matters
a.         The first AM Allotment Society meeting had been held on 30/11/11.  The Clerk handed the allotment fee cheque to Cllr Smith.  There is to be an allotment walk round (open morning) at 10.30am on 08/01/12 – all welcome.

b.         Cllr Smith reported that the AM Allotment Society may wish to provide a small pond within the allotment site – to encourage wildlife and plants – Cllrs agreed with the proviso that if the Society were to break up, the pond site would be re-instated.  Cllr Smith to email details to the Clerk if appropriate.

11164  Footpaths, Hedgerows & Street Matters
a.         Cllr Potts reported that, following an email to Geoffrey Pendery (Footpaths Officer at LCC), the   complaints re horses attacking people along the Q6 Blythe Park Farm footpath could not be taken any further.  The Clerk had written to the landowner on 5th August 2011, and also had a  conversation with him – to no avail.  Cllr P Hemmerdinger offered to speak to the landowner Mr Russell to seek a compromise to resolve the situation.

11165  Recreation Ground & Street Furniture Matters   
a.         Cllrs P Hemmerdinger and Butler tabled quotes for the two new noticeboards from Robert Lewis Signs (£520+vat for single, £795+vat for double – approximate costs).  The existing notice board near to the Post Office will have the doors removed for public access.  The new double sized notice board will have one locked side for PC use and one side for public access – this notice board will have lettering ‘In memory of Ken Colver’ as a dedication.  Cllr Smith proposed, seconded by Cllr M. Hemmerdinger, it was RESOLVED, unanimous to go ahead with the purchase of two new noticeboards and to make changes to the existing boards.  Cllrs P Hemmerdinger and Butler to liaise with the supplier.

b.         Cllrs reported that the drainage has improved following the Biffa funded drainage of the recreation ground.

c.         Cllr Butler reported that he knew of suitable funding for the cricket pavilion – Cllr Butler to email Cllr P Hemmerdinger with details.  The Clerk had received details of the funding application put forward by Mr Paul Cooper on behalf of the cricket pavilion funding group – Clerk to forward the email to all Cllrs.

11166  Correspondence      
a.         The Localism Act, received Royal Assent on 15/11/11 – a copy of the Act had been distributed to all Cllrs.  Noted.

b.         Leicestershire County Council Waste Development Framework – notification of withdrawal of the Waste Site Allocations Policies Development Plan Document.  Noted.

c.         Grit bin provision from external supplier – not suitable.  Noted.

11167  Approval of Financial Statements & Payments
a.         The cheque list and bank reconciliation were reviewed and approved.

11168  Stone Pit Land Charity – ongoing item, nil to report.

11169  Ideas for written piece – Parish News Line
a.         Notice boards update and Happy New Year from the Parish Council.
11170  Urgent Items
a.         Cllr P Hemmerdinger reported that work on the Black Horse Inn is to start on 09/01/12.  The Clerk had written to the Chairman of Marstons (Mr David Thompson) expressing concern over the possibility of closure of access routes and was waiting for an email response.

b.         Cllr Potts enquired about the progress of the Sir John Moore School extension – this is ongoing andthe Sir John Moore Foundation will provide updates when appropriate.

The meeting ended at  7.30 pm (the meeting time had been brought forward due to other commitments).

Date of next meeting:  2nd February 2012 – 7.30pm, The Stables Community room, Sir John Moore School                                                    

 Lindsay Swinfield (Clerk to the Parish Council)

Back to Top