Archive Contents

Parish Council Minutes

Parish News - coming soon


Archive Home

Appleby Magna Home

Parish Council Minutes

June 2007

Thurs 7th June 2007 

Present: - Mr J Quimby – Chairman, Mr K Colver -Vice Chairman, Mrs M Hemmerdinger & Mrs D Morris 

Jane Black – Environment Officer, N.W.L.D.C., Community Support Officer and Sonia Liff – A.H.E.M.

Apologies: - Mr P Hemmerdinger, Mrs E Jeffrey & P.C. Davis

 2548    Minutes

Minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting held 10th May 2007 were read and endorsed.

 2549    Public Question Time

Sonia Liff asked the Parish Council to organise an annual litter pick.  She informed the meeting that A.H.E.M. members and the W.I. would be happy to participate. Jane Black, Environmental Officer N.W.L.D.C., offered to supply the equipment for the litter pick.  It was agreed to hold the litter pick in September to coincide with a Sir John Moore Foundation event.  To be discussed further at the August meeting of the Parish Council.

Sonia Liff, on behalf of A.H.E.M. asked the Parish Council if they would support a low carbon project, possibly looking at the school’s past and present carbon footprint.  It was agreed to support the project. 

2550    Declarations Of Amendment To The Register Of Interests - None.

 2551    Declaration Of Interest To Items On Agenda – None.

 2552    Decisions Taken Under Delegated Powers

07/00749/FUL – Sir John Moore Foundation – change of use to include office, private & community use, community events & wedding ceremonies – no objections – Noted.

 2553    Visitor Presentation

Jane Black, Environmental Officer N.W.L.D.C. informed the meeting about her role and responsibilities - to improve the street scene, with powers to tackle environmental crime.  The Chairman requested her help with the problem of dog fouling; fly tipping, dangerous parking near to the school and graffiti on the bus shelter and the children’s play area.  The Chairman also asked for two extra litter bins and two replacement bins which had been vandalised.  Jane agreed to follow up the Parish Council’s requests.  The Chairman thanked her for the informative presentation.  

2554    Police / Neighbourhood Watch Matters

The Community Support Officer had no local crime to report.  She informed the meeting that two speed guns were now available for use.  The Chairman thanked the Community Support Officer. 

2555    Planning Consultations

07/00790/FUL – 42 Top Street – conversion & alteration of existing outbuildings/barn to form ancillary accommodation & erection of new link structure between dwelling & outbuildings (revised scheme) – no objections letter with in keeping building materials in conservation area

07/00748/FUL – 7 Garton Close – erection of single storey rear & side extension – no objections

 2556    Planning Decision Notices - None.

 2557    Approval Of Budget And Financial Statements

1st April 07 to 18th May 07 budget and financial statements - approved

Annual return approved and signed by Chairman

Clerk to investigate pavilion rent from A.M.F.C. & A.M.C.C.

2558    Accounts For Payment

Karen Stirk – Clerk's Payment – 1st May to 31st May 07 - £290.75

Karen Stirk – Expenses for April 07 - £34.88 (incl. 4 x ink cartridges)     

ESPO – Labels & Laminator Pouches - £27.34

N.W. Leics. Citizens Advice Bureau – Donation - £50 (agreed May meeting)

St. Giles Hospice – Donation - £100 (agreed May meeting)

North West Leicester District Council – Treatment Allot. Rats - £69.99

The Measham Festival Group – Donation - £50

Sir John Moore Foundation – Room Hire Paid to Dec 07 - £195

J A Robinson – Grnd. Maintenance Cut 5 - £60

All cheques agreed and signed.   

2559    Allotment Matters

Councillors agreed the rat infestation had been successfully dealt with by the Pest Control Officer.             

2560    Footpaths & Hedgerows

Councillors confirmed the obstructions in Mawbys Lane were now cleared.  The clerk informed the meeting that Mr Ottewell would be correctly cutting Bowleys Lane hedge when in the correct season. It was agreed to discuss overgrown hedge on footpath by Black Horse Inn at the September meeting.           

2561    Proposed One-Way System, Church Street

The Chairman read out the letter of refusal for the above proposal from Highways L.C.C.  The problem of dangerous parking near to Sir John Moore School was explained to Jane Black, Environment Officer.  She agreed to investigate and discuss with issue with Leicestershire County Council.  Clerk to send copy of L.C.C. refusal letter to villager who had experienced a near miss at the problem site. 

2562    Request to Support Petition – Speed Limit on Narrow Lanes

An email had been received requesting the Parish Council support a petition for the government requesting a 30mph speed limit on all narrow lanes.  The Parish Council agreed to discuss the request further at the next meeting. 

2563    Land Registration

The clerk informed the meeting that all documents relating to Parish Council unregistered land had been delivered to Mr Crane (solicitor). 

2564    Ideas for Written Piece - Parish News Line

Proposed litter pick, article from Environment Officer and piece from Chairman

2565    Urgent Items

The Chairman informed the meeting the post and side rails of the kissing gates leading to the Recreation Ground needed to be replaced.  The Chairman agreed to carry out the work. 

It was agreed to donate £50 to the ‘Heart of the Forest Festival’, following a request from the organisers. 

The Parish Council had no objections to planning consultation 07/00850/AGP

Hall Farm, 1 New Road to erect a general purpose storage building.

The Parish Council had no objections to a request from Mrs Shaw, 22 Black Horse Hill, to have works carried out to a sycamore tree in her front garden. 


Ms K. Stirk (Clerk to the Parish Council)   

14th June 2007

Back to Top