Archive Contents

Parish Council Minutes

Parish News - coming soon


Archive Home

Appleby Magna Home

Parish Council Minutes

May 2011

Thursday 12th May 2011, 7.30pm, Sir John Moore Community Building Appleby Magna

Present: -       Cllrs P Hemmerdinger, M Hemmerdinger, P Smith, G Potts, R Butler
Lindsay Swinfield, Clerk

a.         Declaration of Acceptance of Office and Register of Interests forms were completed and signed.
b.         Cllr Butler nominated, seconded by Cllr Smith, that Cllr Mr P Hemmerdinger remain as Chairman of the Parish Council for the next 12 months, RESOLVED, unanimous.  Cllr P Hemmerdinger took the chair.
c.         Cllr M Hemmerdinger proposed, seconded by Cllr Pott, that Cllr Mr Smith be Vice Chair, RESOLVED, unanimous.
d.         Co-option of Cllr Deana Morris to remain on the Parish Council was agreed by all present.
e.         Election of outside representatives, Cllr P Hemmerdinger to remain on the Sir John Moore Committee and the Appleby Magna Sport & Recreation Club Committee; Cllr Butler to remain as       Community Warden – all agreed.
f.          Internal Auditor new financial year 2011/12 – all agreed that Mr Ian Fraser remain as Internal Auditor (if he agrees).
g.         Set a date for the 2012 Annual Parish meeting – all agreed, 5th April 2012.

Open forum for members of the public and press

1152    Apologies – Cllr D Morris

1153    Declarations of Interest to Items on Agenda – Cllr Butler item 7c, planning application.

1154    Declarations of Amendment to the Register of Interests – Nil

1155    Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held 7th April 2011 were endorsed and signed.  Annual Parish meeting minutes held 7th April 2011 were endorsed and signed.

1156    Decisions Taken Under Delegated Powers – Cllr P Hemmerdinger and the Clerk had agreed that urgent repairs to the fence surrounding the children’s play area within the recreation field be carried out – damage due to vandalism. 

1157    Police / Neighbourhood Watch Matters
a.         Please ring 0116 2222222 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 to report suspicious behaviour or crimes.

1158    Planning Consultations
a.         11/00290/FUL 4 Botts Lane, removal of existing single storey projections from garage and erection of single storey rear extension to garage and part conversion of garage to habitable accommodation, plus link between garage and dwelling – no comment.
b.         11/00271/FUL 38 Church Street, erection of detached double garage with study in roof space – no                         comment.
c.         11/00360/FUL 23 Didcott Way, two storey rear extension (amended scheme) – no comment (Cllr Butler abstained from this item).
d.         11/00251/LBC Hall Farm 1 New Road, alterations to roof coverings, addition of rainwater goods, alteration to fenestration, structural and fabric repairs and reconstruction of missing/damaged  sections (Listed Building Consent) – no comment.

1159    Planning Decision Notices
a.         Pavilion, Bowleys Lane, retention of sports pavilion, renewal of temporary planning permission – granted.
b.         97 Top Street, Redhill Farm, change of use to outside storage of materials for commercial purposes and formation of landscaped bund – granted.

1160    Chairman’s Report – nil

1161    Allotment Matters
a.         Two new padlocks have been purchased for the allotment site.  One plot is not being cultivated, Clerk to write to plot owner.  Clerk to send a copy of the allotment spreadsheet to all Cllrs (with June agenda).

1162    Footpaths, Hedgerows & Street Matters
a.         Tree works in the closed Churchyard are underway, ongoing item.

1163    Recreation Ground & Street Furniture Matters
a.         Cllr P Hemmerdinger reported that replacement fencing palings had to be installed along the children’s play area within the recreation ground – this was due to vandalism.
b.         The memorial plaque for the Top Street bench has been ordered.  

1164    Correspondence      
a.         A committee fighting the proposal by Leicestershire PCT to ‘urbanise’ the villages of Oakthorpe, Donisthorpe and Moira had written to the Parish Council requesting support against the proposal. One of the knock-on effects would mean that residents of the villages would lose the right to obtain prescriptions from Measham Medical Unit – this would have a devastating effect on residents, especially the elderly and infirm.  Clerk to write to the Committee supporting their fight against the proposal.

1165    Approval of Financial Statements & Payments
a.         The cheque list and bank reconciliation were reviewed and approved.
b.         Annual Audit - the Clerk distributed the final reconciliation report and the annual return figures up to 31/05/11 – approved and noted, the Chairman and the Clerk signed the Annual Return.

1166    Stone Pit Land Charity
a.   Following a meeting with Mr Ian Hamilton of Sansom Hamilton & Co, correspondence had been received from Mr Hamilton who is investigating the matter on behalf of the Parish Council.  Ongoing    item.

1167    Ideas for written piece – Parish News Line
a.         Details of and welcome to new Parish Councillors.
b.         Stress the importance of not leaving keys on display within houses or premises – a burglary has been reported whereby an implement was used to gain access via a cat flap and house keys were stolen and used to gain access.
1168    Urgent Items - nil

The meeting ended at 9 pm

Date of next meeting:  2nd June 2011 – 7.30pm, The Stables Community room, Sir John Moore School

 Lindsay Swinfield (Clerk to the Parish Council)

Back to Top