A collection of articles on different aspects of Appleby's past
- Appleby in the News - cuttings from the Tamworth Herald between 1873 and 1950, and the Leicester Chronicle between 1877 and 1898
- The M42 comes to Appleby - Richard Dunmore's pictures from 1986 of the building of the motorway
- Occupations of Appleby People in 1911 - taken from the 1911 census and summarised by Chris Bee
- Appleby's Public Transport in the 20th Century - by Allan Condie
- A Late Roman Farm - results of the 1999 survey of the field at the top of Rectory Lane, taken by the University of Leicester Archaeological Services (ULAS)
- Appleby in 1835 - an extract from PIGOT AND CO.'s COMMERCIAL DIRECTORY for LEICESTERSHIRE provided by Several Farmer
- The Clockmakers of Appleby - Richard Dunmore
- The Bells of Appleby - Richard Dunmore
- Researching Appleby - Gerald Box on the problems of delving into the past
A wintry view of Appleby Magna (c.1790) by John Glover, Writing Master of the local Grammar School.
Preserved in the Record Office's grangerized edition of Nichols' History & Antiquities of the County of
Leicester (Vol.IV/ii p.431). Reproduced by
kind permission of the Record Office for Leicestershire,
Leicester & Rutland.
(Click picture for larger image)