Return to Parish Council page

Agenda of Next Meeting (pdf file)

Parish Council Archive: Minutes of Previous Council Meetings

Appleby Magna Parish Council

Parish Council Minutes

Thursday 7th August 2014, 7.30 pm, Sir John Moore Foundation Community Building, Appleby Magna

Present: -        Cllrs P Hemmerdinger (Chair), M Hemmerdinger, R Butler, G Pott, P Smith, Lindsay Swinfield Clerk

1493    Apologies – Cllr Wildgoose – all apologies accepted.

1494    Declarations of Pecuniary Interest to Items on Agenda – Nil

1495    Open forum for members of the public and press

1496    Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on June 5th 2014 endorsed and signed by the Chairman.

1497    Decisions made under delegated powers – Field off Rectory Lane, footpaths cut back (x 2) – urgent requirement.
1498    Police / Neighbourhood Watch Matters

Please ring 0116 2222222 or 101 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 to report suspicious behaviour or crimes.  Police Sergeant 531 Mark Watson,

1499    Planning Consultations
a.         14/00595/OUT land at Measham Road, demolition of two existing buildings and the erection of four detached dwellings and garaging (inc. two self build units) and creation of paddock for equestrian or agricultural use – outline – previous comments stand.
b.         14/00583/FUL the Paddocks Bowleys Lane, installation of 10KWP ground mounted solar photovoltaic array and ground source heat pump system – no objection.

14100  Planning Decisions

  1. Land adjacent to 27 Botts Lane, erection of one dwelling – Outline – granted.
  2. Hall Farm, erection of agricultural building for use as a midden cover – granted.
  3. 27 Botts Lane, alterations to roof to form two new bedrooms – granted.
  4. 31 Measham Road, erection of two storey and single storey extensions – granted.

14101  HS2 (High Speed Train) project – keep on agenda.

14102  Footpaths, Hedgerows, Street and Allotment Matters

  1. Bulb planting – Cllr Smith to plant as before – to request assistance from the Scouts and Guides, all agreed spend up to £100.00.
  2. NWLDC (North West Leics District Council) play area report had been received and reviewed – NWLDC to carry out repairs as (2), (5, 6, 7, 8); items (3, 4) to be quoted by Mr Richard Denson.
  3. Clerk to order ‘No dogs allowed in the play area’ sign.
  4. Allotment matters – all working well, Clerk to send water bills to Claire Whitehurst in future.

14103  Sir John Moore Foundation update – nil to report.

14104  Village Design Statement (keep on agenda, delayed due to withdrawal of NWLDC Core Strategy)

14105  Village Green update (nil to report at this meeting)

14106  Parish Council web site
Cllr Smith reported that he had carried out all European legislation checks on the new site, and that a pop up re cookies is needed to comply with Euro laws – Cllr Butler proposed, seconded by Cllr P
Hemmerdinger it was RESOLVED, unanimous to go live with the new web site once Cllr Smith is satisfied with all updates.

14107  Correspondence

  1. Members of the Council approved the fitting of a gate to residential property, leading to the recreation ground.
  2. LCC grass cutting proposal – members voted unanimously not to accept the proposal.
  3. NWLDC Local Plan – members wish the existing village design statement to be recognised until it can be revised in line with NWLDC’s local plan (use the existing vds as a stake in the ground).

14108  Approval of Financial Statements & Payments
a.         The payment list and bank reconciliation were reviewed and approved, RESOLVED, unanimous.
b.         The bacs payment list was RESOLVED, unanimous, and signed.

c.         Notice of closure of the Annual Audit 2013-14 has been posted.

14109  Ideas for Written Piece – Parish News Line

  1. Allotment plots available.
  2. Dog waste stencils have been placed around the village – all dog waste can be put into bags and placed in any public waste bin.

14110  Urgent Items

  1. New posts for the post and rail fencing required along the area of brook in Didcott Way (between numbers 31 and 33) – Cllr P Hemmerdinger to look at this and report back.
  2. Report hedges overgrowing from Didcott Way to Sir John Moore School.
  3. Report overgrown hedge on corner of Bowleys Lane and Church Street.
  4. Ask Severn Trent to collect their sign from corner of Botts Lane and Top Street
  5. Order more yellow stencil paint.
  6. Report finger post broken at junction of Measham Road and Stoney Lane.

The meeting ended at 8.50 pm

Date of next meeting:  September 4th 2014, at 7.30pm @The Stables Community room, Sir John Moore School                                                                  

Lindsay Swinfield (Clerk to the Parish Council)

Back to Top